- During preseason matches you do not incur any injury above a badly hurt (may still use tactical apo on these if you wish), meaning that there is no long-term risk to players.
- You may keep all spp as normal and mvp is awarded to a player of your choosing.
- Do not roll for FAME - all FAME is zero for preseason games.
- Winnings may only be d3 instead of d6.
- Redrafted teams may not participate in pre-season.
2. Regular Season:
The formal league will start in August and be held at Counter Culture on Victoria st. Teams will be drawn in conferences of a size determined by numbers. Then once conferences are drawn, Daimon, Steve and Dawid will vote to determine which 2 teams in each conference will be seeded, ie are the favourites to qualify from each group for the playoffs. This will be a decision based on coach experience and race tier of the teams picked etc and will result in restrictions on who the seeded teams may play in cross conference games.
Each coach may submit up to two teams for the regular season. In these cases the teams will be not be allowed to play each other (ie will be kept separate in the group draw).
Matches are to be organised amongst yourselves in advance on the wbbl endzone weekly group thread, and post match reports and skill picks/purchases must be submitted ASAP at http://wbbl.nzbbn.com. We ask that both coaches keep a record of all game data as they are jointly responsible for getting the result logged accurately and in reasonable time.
In addition we will be adding sportsmanship during the regular league season as an extra incentive in several key areas that I feel need addressing. Sportsmanship points are given by the league admin under these circumstances, and are only awarded in the event that results are logged by the time
- + 1 point - awarded to a team with a filed match report and all player skills, purchases etc completed within 24hrs after the game.
- + 1 point - awarded to a coach for pro-actively and clearly arranging a game in advance on the relevant weekly endzone thread (and not relying on me to contact you outside of the thread to arrange it for you, I'm not your mum)
- + 1 point - awarded to a coach per match played with a fully painted, fully numbered and clearly skill-marked team.
A commissioner will post a weekly movements discussion in the group page at http://wbbl.theendzone.co
3. Playoffs and Finals:
The top 2 (or 3 depending on numbers) teams in each conference will go through to the finals and the WBBL trophy will be awarded to the winner. Teams are ranked based on total points, then sportsmanship points, then highest net touchdowns, followed by highest net casualties. In the event that a coach finishes with two teams in playoff spots at the season's end, the highest place of the two in their group will be put through; or if both finish in equal position in their group, then the one with the most points and tiebreakers as above.
- the two teams may apply the overtime rules as detailed in the blood bowl rulebook of their agreement.
- the two teams may play an additional half of 'golden goal' - roll again for kick off, but do not roll on the kick off table. The kick off is automatically a Blitz! result. The game ends as soon as either team scores.
- the two teams participate in Penalties (rules below). Note that if no other system is explicitly agreed prior to kick off, then this is automatically the default arrangement. This rule is applied to look after those with a limited time in which to complete the game.
Note we are working on a simpler way of processing this to make it easy for coaches to manage their redrafting processes - this section is just for information.
TEAMS THAT PLAYED THIS SEASON AND FUTURE LEAGUE SEASON ONLY -
At the end of the league season, teams may be redrafted using the following process:
6.1. Print off your teamsheet. Check the number of games played by players you'd like to keep - for each match played by a player add 1k to their value, to represent the experience of the player. This will be automatically added on to players in the site starting from the new season in August.
6.2. Calculate your season budget as follows:
- Final team treasuries are retained
- Each team gets 1,000,000 gold pieces automatically
- Add 10k for each game the team played this season (including playoffs and preseason games), up to a maximum of 100k
- Add 10k for each touchdown scored during the season (by any means), up to a maximum of 100k
- Losing semi-finalists each receive an additional 30k
- The winner of the final receives 100k in prize money. The losing team receives 60k in prize money.
WMD SIDES (ie all teams pre-2017) ONLY -
Teams that existed prior to the new system and have not redrafted previously (ie played in a season before 2017) may redraft with a fixed budget of 1.4m. This means that many if these teams will probably only be able to bring back a few of their players in amongst an otherwise rookie team.
6.3. Work out who you want to keep and who you will need to let go from your roster.
- fan factor is kept and free, so no need to cost that in!
- all existing rerolls on the roster may be rebought at their *original* price. Note that in the following step, any additional rerolls cost *double* the original price, as normal.
- apothecaries, coaches and cheerleaders cost their *original* price to rebuy.
- players cost their *current* team value to rehire for the coming season (this represents their salary). In addition, any retained players cost an additional 1k premium for each career game played (representing their escalating sense of self worth!). This premium will be added to each player by the admin once your redraft options have been submitted.
6.4. Any money left over after purchasing existing goods and disposing of players and goods you don't want will be lost for all eternity.
6.5. All redrafted teams must have a minimum of 11 rostered players to be able to participate in the first league game of the season.
Redrafted teams MAY NOT play in pre-season friendlies.
ANY questions regarding this process please fire away to Steve and I.
It seems a little daunting at first glance but it's pretty easy really. I experimented with my Amazon's from last season and only had to remove 1 or 2 players in the end, but obviously for any team that's played multiple seasons those premiums sure do stack up!
All 24 NAF sanctioned teams are available to pick, including slann, underworld and chaos pact In addition, the Khorne, Brettonnian and Simyin rosters will be valid (with star players allocated on the site page, check it if you're unsure). Teams don't have to be painted to any decent standard, or indeed painted at all, just as long as the miniatures obviously represent what they are on the field and are numbered, clearly, and visible to both coaches. However, bear in mind that you won't get those sportsmanship points if your models aren't painted..
Hi guys, I've picked up some confusion on this front recently so I'd like to just take a moment to restate the WBBL policy towards bringing your own dice to use in games (specifically D6s and unusual block dice).
Primarily, this is a casual league, and people obviously like pretty things, so you are of course welcome to bring your own dice down to the club and, if you like, use them in your match.
That said - I expect that anyone wishing to do so draws their opponent's attention to the fact they they've brought their own dice, and politely and actively seeks their explicit agreement before using them. More, if your opponent declines and would prefer you both share the club dice, then I expect that to pass without challenge or protest.
Remember that this is a casual club and just a it of fun on a tuesday, but ultimately we're still playing a dice-driven board game and some people just don't feel comfortable with bringing private dice stocks to games - and given most of you wouldn't insist on your own dice at your Nana's for Monopoly, please don't try and do so in our casual beer and pretzels league.
TL;DR - use your own dice, but do the decent thing and ask permission from your opponent first. It shouldn't be controversial
Here is is, gang! The draw is finalised!
Thylvelona Tailwind: http://wbbl.nzbbn.com/index.php?section=objhandler&type=1&obj=2&obj_id=197
Wave of Mutilation: http://wbbl.nzbbn.com/index.php?section=objhandler&type=1&obj=2&obj_id=179
Chapterhouse Chargers: http://wbbl.nzbbn.com/index.php?section=objhandler&type=1&obj=2&obj_id=225
Fairweather Friends: http://wbbl.nzbbn.com/index.php?section=objhandler&type=1&obj=2&obj_id=109
Ashbane Vendettas: http://wbbl.nzbbn.com/index.php?section=objhandler&type=1&obj=2&obj_id=114
Ink Pink Yo Skink: http://wbbl.nzbbn.com/index.php?section=objhandler&type=1&obj=2&obj_id=181
And that's us! Remember the format is that everyone plays everyone else in their group before we proceed to the knockout stage, for which there will be seven available slots (the overall top finishing team in the group stage will be offered a bye to the semis, a chosen MVP and a no questions asked 50k in prize money).
All dates as per the announcement blog, http://theendzone.co/blog/wmd-old-world-cup-registration-open.html.